Monday, April 13, 2015

A bright spot!


         It was a dreary Monday morning -- dark and cloudy as I reluctant returned to school after a wonderfully refreshing Easter break.  The forecast called for rain, and that meant no outside recess for my kindergarten class. But all of a sudden, I noticed an amazing slit of brightness through the dark clouds.  As I drove, I kept turning my head to keep track of the bright spot, and finally pulled over so I could take a picture.  By the time I got to school, the clouds had closed over the opening and hidden the sunlight that was peeping through the hole.  But I knew the sun was still there if I just had a way to open the clouds.  
        Anytime the sky looks unusual, I wonder if this could be THE DAY when Jesus comes back. And this was one of those days -- it definitely crossed my mind.  But it also reminded me that even on the darkest day, the sun (and the SON) is still there, just behind those dark clouds. The clouds seemed to be so deep, but that shiny space was just enough to let me see what was behind the cloudy curtain.
     "Send forth your light and your truth, let them guide me...put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God." Psalm 43:3,5.
       And another bright spot in this rainy day -- I drove up to see my thyroid doctor at Baptist Hospital and my blood work and checkup were all good. No sign of recurrence of my thyroid cancer. What a great day! Thank you, God!

No comments:

Post a Comment