Wednesday, March 7, 2012

When God Winks

            
        I'm reading a little book that I got at Dollar General this week called,"When God Winks at You." It made me remember a wink from my Mema Frazier a long, LONG time ago -- just a little thing, but she was looking directly at me and sending a message that no one else saw.  It made me smile just thinking about it.  The author says,"Every time you receive what some call a coincidence or an answer prayer, it's a direct and personal message of reassurance from God to you -- what I call a godwink." Out of all the billions of people in the world, He is making a direct personal connection to ME -- He KNOWS me and cares about me -- and is sending a silent communication -- like a wink -- to let me know.
So I've been thinking about those times in my life when I experienced that "coincidence" -- and seeing it in a different way.
The first Godwink I remember happened when I was a little girl in grade school, probably. My dad was out of work, again -- and there were 6 of us in the family depending on his paycheck.  Mother asked me to pray that Daddy would get a job, so I earnestly asked God to please give my daddy a job.
The next morning when I got up and asked where Daddy was, Mother said he had 2 job offers that morning and was gone to work. Coincidence? Not a chance!!  That was God saying "I hear you and I want you to know that I am REAL and I care about you."  This little girl KNEW that God heard the simple prayers of a child. I intend to search my memory for more Godwinks, now that I know what to call them.  Comments are welcome -- I know I'm not the only one God has winked at, but it sure feels good to remind myself that the great God of the universe cares enough to give me these moments of assurance and certainty.

1 comment: