Monday, March 4, 2013

Amazed by You


 "Lord, I'm amazed by You
Lord, I'm amazed by You
Lord, I'm amazed by you
How you love me."

Although it has been a rather hard week at school, it has been a week full of blessings.  It was my birthday week, and I was also voted "Teacher of the Year" by the other teachers at my school.  So I received cakes and flowers and gifts and applause and recognition at school, at chorus, at church, and at home this week.  People have been so kind -- it reminded me of a little sign that hung in my bedroom before I got married.  It said, "I suspect people of plotting to make me happy."  But this morning at church, I was singing this song with the praise team, and suddenly the words I was singing touched my soul.  I AM amazed at how the Lord constantly shows His love for me -- so undeserving, yet still blessed beyond measure. So I thought I'd better write it down as a reminder to myself on those days with no applause.  The days with dirty dishes, fender-benders, no planning period, students with head lice,  -- even the days with sickness and tragedy -- a reminder that I have experienced God's amazing love so many times and I want to always remember that feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment