Sunday, May 4, 2014

He Knows my Name

         My daughter and I went to see Kathy Mattea in concert Saturday night in Lenoir.


    She is from my home state, West Virginia, and if you drive through her home town, there's a sign that says "Home of Kathy Mattea." We thoroughly enjoyed hearing her sing -- especially my favorite, "Where've  You Been," -- so we hung around for the "Meet and Greet" afterwards.



     I took Sara's picture with Kathy, then we talked briefly and I told her that I was from WV, too. She asked were I lived, and when I said, "Red House" she asked if I lived on Red House Hill.  Now, only someone who has been there would know about that, because the population was only about 350 when I lived there.  It had been a very long time since I talked to someone who knew about my little town. She told me that her mom and uncles went to the same high school as I did.  It was kind of cool to talk to someone famous who actually knew where I lived.

      But ever cooler is the fact that God, the Creator of the whole universe and most famous One of all, knew me before I was born, according to Psalm 139. He knows my name -- He knows my every thought -- and I can talk to Him any time I want to.


     
Now THAT is really amazing!!



1 comment: