Sunday, April 27, 2014

How Great Thou Art

 
Were the whole realm of nature mine,
That were a present far too small;
Love so amazing, so divine,
Demands my soul, my life, my all.
 
As we sang this familiar hymn in church this morning, I was reminded of my opportunity this week to see some of the whole realm of nature. After church on Easter Sunday, my daughter and I drove to Charleston and went to see the massive Atlantic ocean
 
As the waves rolled in, I thought about God and His creation -- water as far as I could see -- and "How Great Thou Art" was going through my head.
 
At the end of the week, we drove to the mountains. Again I thought of that song --"When I in awesome wonder consider all the worlds Thy hands have made... when I look down from lofty mountain grandeur ...How great Thou art."


 
So, back to the beginning -- "were the whole realm of nature mine" --it still would not be enough, because the gift of mountains and sea -- really are mine already -- a gift from my Heavenly Father and Creator.
 
As we stood on top of some rocks on Wayah Bald, there was a great view of the surrounding mountains, and I raised my hands to say, like in "The Titanic" -- "I'm the king of the world!" but on second thought -- I KNOW the King of the World -- the Creator of all that I see -- and I am so blessed!


No comments:

Post a Comment